The Virgin Birth of Jesus
Passage: Luke 1:35–1:37, 1 Timothy 3:16
- Why did Gabriel mention Elizabeth’s pregnancy to Mary? (Luke 1:36-37)
- In what different ways do people respond to the story of Christ’s birth?
- What difference does it make whether or not a person believes that the child born to Mary was really the Son of God?
- What message did the angel tell the shepherds? (Luke 2:10, 12)
- Who did the angel say the newborn child really was? (Luke 2:11)
- What is the responsibility of those who "discover" the good news about Jesus?