TENTalks: Thunder on the Mountain
Passage: John 14:15, Matthew 5:17–5:21
FOR FURTHER STUDY AND APPLICATION
- What did Jesus say was His goal with regard to the Law and the Prophets? (Matthew 5:17)
- How much of the Law did Jesus say would be fulfilled or accomplished? (Matthew 5:18)
- What degree of righteousness is necessary for entrance into the kingdom of heaven? (Matthew 5:20)
- What specific instructions did God want the Israelites to follow? (Exodus 19:10-13)
- What did Mount Sinai look like? (Exodus 19:18)
- If you were describing God to someone, what characteristics of God would you emphasize?
- Why is holiness important? (Hebrews 12:14)
- In what way should believers pursue holiness? Why? (Hebrews 12:14)
- How can people understand the holiness of God if they don’t see it in our lives?
- In what ways was the old covenant intimidating or frightening? (Hebrews 12:18-21)
- How did the author describe the new covenant? (Hebrews 12:22-24)
- In what way were God’s thunderous pronouncements from Sinai only a foreshadowing of what is to come? (Hebrews 12:26-27)
- Of what kind of kingdom are Christians a part? (Hebrews 12:28)