Thou No Gods Shalt Have But Me
Passage: Exodus 20:1–20:3, Deuteronomy 16:14–16:15
FOR FURTHER STUDY AND APPLICATION
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- How did God describe Himself? (Exodus 20:2)
- What kinds of compromise are impossible given who God is? (Isaiah 42:8)
- What are we commanded not to put before God? (Exodus 20:3)
- What is the consequence for following other gods? (Deuteronomy 6:14-15)
- What does it mean to "hate" your parents, wife, children, siblings, and your own life? (Luke 14:26; Matthew 10:37)
- What relationships or other loyalties (gods) do you need to pray about to strengthen your loyalty to Lord Jesus Christ?