Take Not the Name of God in Vain
Passage: Exodus 20:7, Psalm 8:1
FOR FURTHER STUDY AND APPLICATION
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- How are we to consider using the name of the Lord? (Exodus 20:7)
- What inconsistencies did God see in the people of Judah? (Isaiah 48:1)
- In the story of David and Goliath, what "weapons" were the most powerful? (1 Samuel 17:45)
- What are some names for God? (Psalm 8:1; 20:5; 111:9, Isaiah 63:16)
- Have you ever used God’s name to make yourself look good or to further your own projects? If so, how?
- Why is it important to honor and respect God when we come to Him in worship?
- Why is God protective of His name? How can you go about honoring His name?