Dare Not the Sabbath Day Profane
Passage: Exodus 20:8–20:11, Genesis 2:1–2:2
FOR FURTHER STUDY AND APPLICATION
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- How is the Sabbath to be honored? (Exodus 20:8-11)
- Why were the Israelites to observe the Sabbath? (Exodus 31:14)
- What happened to people who worked on the Sabbath? (Exodus 31:15)
- How was the Sabbath a sign between God and the Israelites? (Exodus 31:16-17)
- How many different/type of Sabbaths do we find in the Bible? (Genesis 2:1-2; Exodus 16:22-23; Leviticus 23:23-36; Leviticus 25:1-4)
- Why do the NT believers gather on Sunday, Lord’s Day? (Mark 16:2; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2)
- What does Hebrews 10:25 mean to you?
- What does Mark 2:28 mean to you?