Give Thy Parents Honor Due
Passage: Exodus 20:1–20:12, Colossians 3:20
FOR FURTHER STUDY AND APPLICATION
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- What is the benefit of honoring parents? (Exodus 20:12)
- After replying to His parents, what did Jesus do? (Luke 2:51)
- How is obedience to parents part of a child’s obligation to Christ? (Ephesians 6:1)
- What does God want fathers not to do? (Ephesians 6:4)
- What does God want fathers to do? (Ephesians 6:4)
- Why is it easier for children to obey fair and loving parents than unreasonable and demanding parents?
- What is the result of training a child properly? (Proverbs 22:6)
- How and why should Christian parents rear their children in an atmosphere of encouragement?
- What is the purpose and goal of discipline?
- What is one way you can improve the way you treat/honor each member of your family?