Tell No Willful Lie And Love It
Passage: Exodus 20:16, Proverbs 12:22
FOR FURTHER STUDY AND APPLICATION
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- What, according to Isaiah, was missing from God’s people? (Isaiah 59:14-15)
- In what sort of person does the Lord delight? (Proverbs 12:22)
- Of what did Jesus say the devil was the father? (John 8:44)
- How was a person to act on the witness stand? (Exodus 23:1-3)
- What is the penalty for lying on the witness stand in our society?
- Why does God put such a premium on honesty?
- What damage does a flatterer do? (Proverbs 29:5)
- What was being said about Jeremiah by the people who resisted his message? (Jeremiah 18:18)
- We can “bear false witness” in a number of ways. The sermon discussed the perjurer, the talebearer, the flatterer, the insinuator, and the slanderer/gossiper. Have you ever been quilty of any of the above? Give examples and what was the outcome?