This is a time when parents commit to raising their children according to the principles of God’s Word. Parents who are members of Grace Fellowship Church and whose babies are 36 months of age or younger may sign up by utilizing the contact us button below.
Why do we have Parent Dedication?
Mark 10:13–14 says, “And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, ‘Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.'” Just as Jesus has a special love for children, Grace fellowship Church wants to emulate Christ’s love to the children in our church. We understand the important role parents play in raising their children. Our role as the church is to encourage parents as they raise their children biblically in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph. 6:4).
One of the ways we encourage this is through Parent Dedication. While Parent Dedication is not a biblical mandate, it is a time in which our church partners with families by praying for the parents and their babies. Our church makes a commitment to come alongside the parents and reinforce what the parents are already teaching their children in the home. It is also a time for parents to dedicate themselves publicly in the responsibility of nurturing their children in the fear of the Lord. Our goal in Parent Dedication is to encourage parents for the task they have in raising their children.
What it is...
- Parent Dedication is a time during our Sunday service where you, as parents, make a public commitment to raise your child(ren) in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph. 6:4).
- Parent Dedication is a time for parents to ask for accountability as they raise their child(ren) according to God’s Word.
- Parent Dedication is a time for the congregation to make a commitment to come along side you as parents and encourage you to raise your child(ren) according to God’s Word.
- Parent Dedication is a time for the church to pray for you as parents in your duty to raise
your child(ren) and pray for the salvation of your child.
- Parent Dedication is a practice that encourages the biblical principle of fellowship in the local body and parental responsibility in raising children.
- Parent Dedication is for Grace Fellowship Church members only.
- Parent Dedication is for parents and legal guardians only.
- Parent Dedication is for children who are 24-months-old or younger.
What it is not...
- Parent Dedication is not a replacement nor a detraction from the Affirmation of Commitment given in the church membership process.
- Parent Dedication is not a replacement for infant baptism. Grace Fellowship Church does not teach infant baptism, but teaches that baptism is only for believers.
- Parent Dedication does not place your child into a covenant community.
- Parent Dedication does not bestow any type of special blessing upon your child. There is no spiritual transaction that happens during Parent Dedication.
- Parent Dedication does not affirm or predict the salvation of your child.
PARENT DEDICATION APPLICATION